Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions for 2014


I am a big fan of making list and goals. So I welcome to opportunity to reflect on ways to better ones self come new years! It's a great way to stay focused on what's important and it gives you a chance to sit down and think about what you want to do with your year. So here goes!

  1. Fix up bike and ride it to work! I only live 2 kilometers from my job and most of the time I drive. Since it's downtown I have to worry about parking, and have gotten my fair share of tickets. I've tried to run there and back, but managed to get motivated only a handful of times. I think I would be more inclined to get on a bike then to push myself to run. Running is fun and I love it, I just have to be in the right mood to enjoy it. Before I got my license I biked EVERYWHERE! I love it. I don't know why I don't anymore! It's fun, no petrol or parking needed, and keeps your legs and but nice and toned. Win win win! Now I just need to clean 2 years of rust off of it, and maybe replace the chain.... any tips on bike sprucing ups?
  2. Continue my daily yoga practice. I find I make this resolution every year, and I have been getting better at keeping it over the years. I find with daily yoga I am more calm, centered, less reactive, and generally happier. Yoga one of my greatest loves so it's easy to make time for it :) I am so excited to get to go to Mexico in April for my first ever YOGA RETREAT!! I love that it's an exercising holiday, not a getting wasted on the beach holiday. Totally up my ally!
  3. Finish my home projects list! Josh and I have decided to give our home an extreme makeover-home edition. I am thrilled to have these fun DIY projects to share with my love. It'll be a great way for us to hang out with out the ever present technology disrupting us. It's fun working together towards goals. I can't wait to share the before and afters on this blog!
  4. Cut down on wine  consumption. This may sound easy for some, but not going to lie- I  love me some vino. A glass of Malbec at the end of a hectic day has become some what of a habit which is discouraging. I'd rather it be a treat on the weekends, and save the money for my next resolution
  5. Dress up more! Somewhere along the way I become one of those moms who lives in leggings and sweaters, who rarely blow-dries her hair. It doesn't help that most of my time is spent at home with the kids or working out. But I swear I really do have style! I am going to upgrade my wardrobe a bit and put in a little more effort, for no one else but me. I love simple, chic fashion with a touch of bohemian . Lots of black, white and grey with red or turquoise accents. I adore stripes and polka dots, and I only wear comfortable shoes. I'm excited to spruce things up a bit while staying comfy and functional for my crazy, always moving lifestyle.
  6. Take more photos with my camera! This used to be so easy for me; I couldn't put it down. But since getting an iPhone my camera only gets brought out on special occasions- rarely! Time to change that.
  7. Lastly, I want to go for more hikes and runs in the forest or along the beach! Even in winter this island I live on is breathtaking. I need to be out there more.

Happy New Year!
vx

No comments:

Post a Comment