In the spirit of getting back on the blogging horse, I sat down at my iMac today full of intention... and ended up distracting my self with everything but my computer. I guess I'm kind rusty. Whenever I feel blankness creep into my mind while trying to inspire myself I usually turn to my favourite blogs. The ones I read daily are the reason I began blogging. Them and watching Julie & Juila... cheesy I know. But I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. It left me wanting to cook and blog. Blogging is the only thing I really continued with (cooking is my husband's calling. I won't even try to compete).
Today in my inspiration seeking I came across a blog entry from Rockstar Diaries. It was a Happy List. She frequently makes lists of the little things in her life that make her happy. I thought it would be a great place to start; to help make the creativeNess juices flow.
So in honor of a Rockstar who's Diary I frequent; here goes.
What Makes a Happy Ness- Top 10
- Bringing my kitty Bones home from his 3 day stint at the vet. He was SO HAPPY to see me. I'm sure he thought I'd abandoned him, and showered me with kitty love once we got home.
- My husband setting up the fruit in the fruit bowl so that it looks like the "3 apples are bullying the lemon, but the big grapefruit is protecting the lemon".
- Watching Gabriel (the 12 month old little boy I care for) take his first steps (wobbly, yet surprising fast) towards me with the biggest 4 tooth smile I've ever seen.
- Spending all Sunday cleaning and organizing every inch of our home, then casually messing it up throughout the week.
- Finding a face scrub that transforms my skin after one use.
- Buying and wearing new socks
- Begrudgingly getting a hair cut expecting to lose a bunch of hard earned hair, only to be pleasantly surprised at how amazing it looks without losing any length.
- Reading a whole book in one sitting.
- The shift from summer into fall. Magical.
- Planning a Mexican Honeymoon for January, when we'll need sunshine the most.
What makes YOU happy?